How the idea of wash place can be applied to the research project of Smart Ajumma? Wash place is rather relevant to link to the concept of mobile communication in Kakao Talk group chat rooms by ajummas through the usage of smartphones. A space of wash place is regarded as the equals of Kakao Talk group chat room. And both village women before the 1960s and ajummas in 2015 take the same duty of various houseworks for their family such as washing clothes. In addition, several similarities were found between village women of wash place before 1960s and ajummas of Kakao Talk group chat room in 2015.
Here are 6 similar points that were discovered.
1. Tranformation: transformable spaces depending on the purpose.
2. Keep in touch: to keep their relationship through continuous communication
3. Women’s place
4. A notice board: Information intersection
5. A bridge: pre-meeting to post-meeting
6. Pop-up communication: they don’t have an appointment for the meetings but they know they can meet with each other in the wash place and Kakao Talk’s group chat rooms.
Wash Place in the 1960s
Kakao Talk’s Group Chat room in 2015
The other five similarities between Kakao Talk’s group chat room and the wash place were mentioned many times in previous posts. So I don’t mention about the other five similarities between Kakao Talk’s group chat room and the wash place in this post.